We are looking for mobile engineers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe. Ideally, you will have a great passion for supporting the development and maintenance of large-scale iOS applications, with hundreds and thousands of users covering an existing global user base.
This position is a remote role and as long as you are in the UK, we don't mind where. As the role is working with one of our key clients. It is mandatory to have permission to work in the UK legally.
- Full-time, permanent iOS Engineer.
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently or with the assistance of the project team (Product Manager, Scrum Master, Designer, and other Engineers)
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings and daily standups
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
- 2+ years of experience developing for Apple’s iOS platform using the Swift programming language
- Good experience of developing production/commercial applications using the Swift programming language
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - whether it be tracking down an obscure memory leak, or getting to the bottom of how best to translate business requirements into a fully implemented solution
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good mobile app around areas such as performance, security, and usability
- A solid understanding of HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- An appreciation of mobile UX and knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big. This opportunity involves working on an existing product which is globally consumed
- An ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- A customised benefits package that works for you including childcare vouchers, discounted holidays etc.
- A transparent & open company culture where politics is shunned & everyone works as a team.
We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all. If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Zoe Wheeler, Head of People, on 0191 249 8039.