hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for DevOps Engineers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe. While we have always been about premium digital experiences, our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 250 & Fortune 500 companies) demand that we take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Ideally, you will have great passion for supporting the development of world-class mobile and web apps, most of which require a cloud backend infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure. We want someone who is more than an employee, who takes a 9 to 5 pay-check and wants a job typing away at a keyboard. We want people who are passionate about staying up to date with the latest advances in cloud technology, automated builds and system support tools, finding ways that it can be leveraged for businesses and end users.
- Collaborate with engineer and system architect colleagues to successfully define cloud backend infrastructure
- Build, support, modify and maintain cloud solutions required by client projects, both during development and when live
- Improve the success of projects by contributing to the continual development of our internal development processes such as continuous integration and automated testing
- Shape and take shared ownership of the ongoing DevOps journey at hedgehog lab
- Gain experience in a vast array of technologies used in our fast paced environment
- Identify and maintain appropriate tools used for monitoring and logging of client projects or internal systems (such as our CICD platforms)
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with other colleagues
Tech Stuff - Essential
- 1-2 years experience of a major cloud platform (preferably AWS)
- Comfortable with Linux based operating systems, able to edit, script and use the CLI
- 1-2 years Scripting / Programming skills (preferably Bash, Python, Node or Ruby)
- Familiar with Git and deploying software such as websites
Tech Stuff - Desired
- An understanding of server, container and serverless based cloud solutions
- Practical experience using Docker
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms (preferably Azure but also GCP)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation or Terraform)
- Working knowledge of Git, Build Servers, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and other supporting systems (GitLab is preferable)
- Working knowledge of mobile and web application development & delivery (iOS and Android with Fastlane, React, Gatsby)
- Foundational understanding of security principles (such as OWASP Top 10) and experience implementing these principles
- Comfortable with networking (OSI model, IPv4, addressing & common protocols - HTTP for example)
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies and DevOps principles (such as the 3 ways)
- Implemented or used monitoring tools (such as DataDog, New Relic, Sentry etc.)
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self motivated
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Able to develop new skills quickly
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- A customised benefits package that works for you including childcare vouchers, discounted holidays etc.
- A transparent & open company culture where politics is shunned & everyone works as a team.
- Disability Support
We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all. If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Zoe Wheeler, Head of People, on 0191 249 8039.