hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We were named the UK App Agency of the Year 2017 and RAR Digital Mobile Agency for 100+ staff in 2017.
We are looking for engineers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe. While we have always been about premium digital experiences, our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 250 & Fortune 500 companies) demand that we take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
This position is a remote role and as long as you are in the UK, we don't mind where. As the role is working with one of our key clients. It is mandatory to have permission to work in the UK legally.
- Work with design and development colleagues to successfully build responsive client web apps
- Build, support, modify and maintain client web apps
- Happy to work with designers to educate limitations and inform design work
- Contribute to the continual development of our internal react development processes
- Assist with the technical architecture and approach for projects
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with other colleagues
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings (or be prepared to learn)
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
- Essential: 2+ years commercial development experience of React responsive web app development
- Essential: Comfortable with Redux and the latest HTML5 and CSS3 methods, developing React for iOS (Safari) and Android (Chrome) devices
- Desirable: Experience of flexbox and css grid; Gulp Taskrunner; Object Oriented CSS using and atomic approach leveraged with SASS and BEM; Framework experience, Foundation preferred but experience with other, eg Bootstrap etc is acceptable
- An aptitude and openness to learn new skills and technologies
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Git
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
We've got you covered..
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Best of breed equipment
- Customised benefits package that works for you including, childcare vouchers, discounted holidays etc.
- A transparent & open company culture where politics is shunned & everyone works as a team.
We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all. If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Zoe Wheeler, Head of People, on 0191 249 8039.