We are looking for engineers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe. Ideally, you will have a great passion for supporting the development and maintenance of large-scale mobile applications, with hundreds and thousands of users covering an existing global user base.
This position is a remote role and as long as you are in the UK, we don't mind where. As the role is working with one of our key clients. It is mandatory to have permission to work in the UK legally.
- Full-time, permanent Python Engineer
- Interpret client requirements and suggest development approaches
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with other colleagues
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings (or be prepared to learn)
- Work with design and UX colleagues to successfully implement app designs
- Contribute to the continual development of our internal development processes
- Assist with the technical architecture and approach for projects
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
- Essential: 2+ years of commercial experience with Python
- Preferable, but not essential, is the experience of working with Serverless AWS Framework
- Preferable, but not essential, is the experience of working with Django
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good API around areas including permanence, security and scalability.
- A solid understanding of networks, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- Familiarity with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and ORMs (preferably Django/SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Willingness to participate in our code/peer review processes
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
We've got you covered
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Best of breed equipment
- Customised benefits package that works for you including childcare vouchers, discounted holidays etc.
- A transparent & open company culture where politics is shunned & everyone works as a team.
We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all. If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Zoe Wheeler, Head of People, on 0191 249 8039.